Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Grinding on

Despite four days out this month, steadily getting the work done.

Sick last night so failed to join the CiN Practice but managed a story and a poem yesterday (over 2K)


Some Prompts for Wednesday

From the very first coming down

RANCID

Taller today, we remember similar evenings

POLISH

Down at the mill, a hammering

TEXT

The string's excitement, the applauding drum

The Dog, Spot

The church-clock's yellow face, the green sea-light

FEAR

his black eyes hold his dreams; he has left

SHAMROCK SOUP

sunlight upon a sail, the snap of wind

No Bother

The poet and the revolutionary

WALLS

as the stained stones kissed by English dead

Hiccup

The bus comes swinging in, doors open

OK?

When I consider how my light is spent

Possible, Probable

a flame within us, something swift and tall

If you explain to me, exactly why I can't

when I was a connisseuse of slugs

he married Kate Maloney in the year of his death

I think continually of those who were great

No comments: