Thursday, May 29, 2014

Flash Blast: Prompt Set 08

There are a lot of prompts here. Excerpts from 4-5 letters, then mixed up.


===========

Above all remember: your father loves you
After this is over I hope to share my happiness with you.
Be courageous, but not foolhardy.
Be honest, frank and fearless
Burning bodies of our people hanging from trees;
But must we hate them?
Don’t shrink from new experiences and custom.
Each drawn by some invisible force.
Enjoy what is and do not pine for what is not.
Everything is new and unusual.
Get some grasp of the real values of life.
Gulls alighting with deliberate grace
History stained with the blood of Negroes
I felt the chorus grow
I have waited for you to get well settled before writing.
I lightly touched the sensitive diaphragm.
I shall write each week and expect a weekly letter from you.
I spent a glorious hour listening to Beethoven's 9th Symphony.
I think it has caused you a lot of unpleasantness.
I think it is only a matter of minutes.
I'm quite conscious of the clumsiness of my efforts
I'm sure that by this time you are still waiting for a detailed explanation
In every relationship you make, adapt.
It is not an unhappy thing that a life comes to an end.
It occurred to me this afternoon, remembering,
It was a great surprise to myself.
It was one of the loveliest of the summer’s hours
Make yourself do unpleasant things
Must we keep the flame constantly fed?
Above all remember, dear, that you have a great opportunity
My sincere desire is that you are happy,
And when this is over that we meet again.
No one knows the time he'll die
Nobody telling you what time you have to be in
Our friendship has meant a great deal to me
Read some good, heavy, serious books just for discipline:
Red beans and rice.
Remember, you can always come home.
She knows you too well.
Somehow it seems to be more beautiful.
Someone suggested that I put my hand on the receiver and see if I could get any of the vibrations.
Something I think I can write better than say.
Study, do your work.
Take the cold bath bravely.
That blue September sky,
The impassioned rhythm, the throb and the urge of the music!
The measure is something else
We fight for the preservation of democracy.
We know who our enemies are.
We talked a little
We will crush them.
When the world knocks you down
With kindest regards and best wishes, I am,
You know right from wrong.
You will come home again
You will meet, of course, curious little annoyances.
You’re itching to be on your own.
Your mother will pamper you and feed you
Your mother won’t stop you,

No comments: