Saturday, May 31, 2014

More BC June Flash-Blast Prompts

More BC June Flash-Blast Prompts


31 May 20:17

I have a £1,000 chair

 About twenty years ago, I met these two girls

 Plain would be being kind

 Merlot, Cab Sav or Shiraz?

 She has nothing left that you can take

 As you set out on your journey

The pain now is deep in the marrow

 It won't always be this easy

 I am homesick for a place I've never been

 A warm night, heavy, like baking bread

 One day I will arrive at myself, singing

 I am not ashamed; it is more I do not like myself

 Before, he fed her with impossible blackberries

 Tentacles, the brains of jellyfish

 Beauty is beauty, but appears twice shared

 Oh, for just another hour, for fifty minutes

We would run to the bridge, to be consumed by steam

 This is my office, my bedroom

 Books upon books, yellow upon yellow

 Maybe it was too cold for him

 You blow a summer's day out of the water

 You're a six over long-on with three balls left

 We will race to be home in England

 I am resigned to love turned off, to beards and loneliness

No comments: