Wednesday, June 18, 2014

June Blast 41

June Flash Blast, 41

June 18th 14:11


A story of great distances and hardship
Drunk, drunk, drunk, and it's not lunch-time yet
The flash of white thigh, a lift of musk
I am lonely
I need to hear something happy, a joke or three
Candle
A stream swollen as spring unfurls winter
Behind the facts, the shadows
We have made it to the Pacific
TINKLE!
Everything echoes something, and is echoed in its turn
It's a terrible month in a very bad year
I am running ahead of myself and trying to catch me up
PEAR
When the lung and the gullet gasps white
Think of me as a trellis, elastic
The mountains hate the sea, the desert envies snow
KNIFE
We could swallow each other and disappear
They will occupy somewhere or other
Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie
CODE
All night, a shutter banging
Are they people left who can mend things?
I pause at the bottom of your street


No comments: